Project & Program Management
- Almost 20 years Project and Program Management experience directing custom digital media development.
- Experience managing large complex customer accounts ($2 – 8M), with multiple resources and project deliverables in varying phases of development.
- Experience creating and monitoring budgets, schedules and product performance evaluation
- Team leader and team player with experience communication, leading and coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Strongly committed to team-building, team motivation, clear communication and performance improvement.
Vendor, Partner & Client Relationship Management
- Experience leading, growing and managing large cross-functional teams (>30), and have worked with remote teams, partners and vendors worldwide.
- Negotiated scope, budget and contracts (OOM, SOW, CO) and developed service level (SLA) contracts for new and repeat customer engagements.
- Customer oriented; successful in building client relationships, ensure client business priorities and goals are met.
- Patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot most project issues, risks and client concerns.
Business Tools & Process
- Various general office and project management software including, Microsoft Office Suite (including Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint), OpenOffice/StarOffice, Echosign, Trello and Tenrox.
- Competent in Windows, Macintosh and Solaris environments.
- Knowledge of Course Authoring Tools, Learning Management and Content Management systems (LMS and LCMS).
- PMI, Agile-Waterfall variations, SDLC, ADDIE and Agile-ADDIE hybrids.
Charles Schwab Lone Tree, Colorado, October ’15 – present
Learning Program Manager, Schwab Business Learning
Taiga Biotechnologies, Inc. Aurora, Colorado, May ’14 – Jan ’15
- Maintained FDA Early Phase Clinical Program timeline, collect updates and additions from CMC, Nonclinical, Regulatory and Clinical team leads.
- Researched and planned Veterinary USDA APHIS Product and Establishment License Applications.
- Assist In-house council with stockholder document organization and tracking.
- Set up general team scheduling and organization, typical of a small start-up.
- Maintained and updated company WordPress website and LinkedIn Presence.
Skillsoft Remote position based in Colorado, Dec ’04 – Nov ’13
Program Manager, Custom Learning Solutions Group (Fredericton, NB, Canada)
Responsible for managing resources in the acquisition, planning, development, implementation and support of Custom client learning projects. I worked with customers (Curriculum & Training Managers) to manage and refine learning requirements and evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions. Coached, guided and managed all vendors/partners including instructional designers, courseware developers, artists and audio professionals. Managed cross-functional teams through each training development project from kick-off initiation through planning to completion, deployment, archiving and lessons learned. Created and maintained all project schedules/WBS, weekly reports, meeting minutes and tracked progress to be reported to stakeholders and sponsors. Monitored and controlled critical path, suggested fast-tracking options and minimized gold plating. Controlled the quality, scope, budget and risks for every milestone deliverable. I developed SOWs, change orders (CO), tracked invoicing milestones and budget scope. Constant communication with hosting teams and Learning Consultants to prepare for delivery and deployment of final products to the Skillsoft Learning Management System (LMS) and client third party LMS.
- I managed between 12-18 projects (3-6 month durations) with an average total annual revenue of $1M to $2.5M. In the pool of 8 PMs, I was consistently in the top revenue group.
- Learning projects comprised of basic online format, mobile, gaming, simulation, video and localization.
- Projects were completed using a pool of 10-15 verified North American and offshore vendor companies.
- Project teams were comprised of multiple vendors; Instructional Designers, Course Developers, Narrators, Artists (Flash Animators, 3D Modelers, Video Producers, etc.) and Localization Specialists.
Senior Project Manager, Thomson NETg (Scottsdale, AZ), Strategic Services Group (KnowledgeNet),
– company acquired by Skillsoft May 2007
In this position I provided presales support to custom clients including forecasting and financial analysis. I managed full life cycle development of custom curricula from contract to delivery, including video, audio, animation and branding requirements. I coordinated the scheduling of vendors in conjunction with internal resources to effectively implement business plans.
- Constantly managed approximately $2M worth of projects.
- Responsible for several hundred hours of custom corporate e-learning from contract to course deployment.
- Managed the localization of custom corporate e-learning into more than 10 different languages.
- Experience managing Government and ADA, Section 508 accessible courses.
Sun Microsystems, Inc. Broomfield, Colorado, Sept ’03– Oct ’04
Contract Program Manager, Sun Education Services
Successfully managed the development of internal and partner technical training courses for the Solaris, Java Desktop and Security Curricula. Custom training formats included standard online and instructor-led classroom training. I was responsible for all core project documentation, schedules including coordination for worldwide delivery, managed all process documentation including RFP, PO, SOW and change orders. I remotely managed all external course developers and production vendors worldwide.
BVP Media, Inc. Centennial, Colorado, April ’00 – June ’03
Agency Producer/Project Manager
Responsible for managing the production of media projects, from marketing, branding, commercial and educational Websites, training CD ROM/DVDs, corporate and trade show videos, and various print pieces from marketing brochures to trade show booths. Position involved market research, strategy and positioning, conceptualizing, writing, scripting, HTML/CSS, setting up Website domains and access, testing, client training, usability and accessibility, scheduling, supervising and motivating the production team. Worked with sales team on pre-sales scope, SOW and needs/business analysis documents.
- Successfully managed over 110 multimedia projects during a 3-year period (including Web maintenance of client Websites).
- Project Manager of various CD ROM and Website projects that won “Communicator” and “Omni” awards.
RMI.NET Solutions Denver, Colorado, June ’99 – Feb ’00
Technical Advisor / Consultant: Professional Services Department: 12/99 – 2/00
Worked with the sales team, as a Business Analyst, to identify and determine clients’ needs and was responsible for creating documentation required during the sales cycle, such as, production design, needs analysis and various cost and retainer proposals.
Web Production Manager / Director: 6/99 – 11/99
Managed and led all Denver Web-based production and oversaw approximately twenty individuals.
After 3 months assumed Web Director responsibilities and was wholly responsible for recruiting, hiring and retaining the Denver production team.
Digital Creators (TeleTech Holdings) Boulder, Colorado, May ’97 – June ’99
Pre-Implementation Consulting team and Project Manager during Production
Led the training part of a business analysis engagement and was responsible for scope and bid preparation of a $5M custom online, certification and simulation-training proposal. This was the company’s largest proposal submitted, and the largest ever awarded. I then went on to manage production of $2.5M part of the proposal. I managed a production team of 40 people comprised of Instructional Designers, Artists, Developers and Quality Assurance professionals.
Jones International Englewood, Colorado, Dec ’95 – May ’97
Project Manager and Consultant Webmaster
Univ. of Co. Health Sciences Center Denver, Colorado, June ’94 – Nov ’95
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Neurology
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute for Cancer Research Denver, Colorado, Sept ’89 – June ’94
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Human Genome Project
Education & Certification
- PMI Member since 2004, PMP Certification (active 2005 – 2009)
- Ph.D. University of Aberdeen, Marischal College, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- B.Sc. (Second class Honors, upper division), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, UK